Monday, December 21, 2015

Beware of these Scams Online, On the Phone, and email.

I recently met a fake celebrity scam artist on Facebook. He pretended to be the musician Mike Oldfield. The scam artist started out preaching God to me. I wrote back, "I was not raised with a religion. I had a feeling that it was a scam but I wanted to find out what the scam was. He ignored me when I told him that I was not raised with a religion because he kept preaching god at me. He gave me an email address after asking me to be his girlfriend. I explained to him that I was dirt poor and that I was fat. He ignored that also and kept trying to charm me. So I emailed the scammer a paragraph of an old bio from one of my websites, did my best to sound nuts, and I knew that I would find out his scam soon. Especially if he thought I was crazy enough, dumb enough, or desperate enough to fall for it. He grabbed the bait and wrote back quickly...
     Fake Mike Oldfield wrote, "I have business proposal task I'll love to bestow on you. I have been busy with shows and many more, traveling. I'm looking for someone i can definitely trust cause i have got some few things I need to do and take care of without my management knowing about it. I was contacted by Max security company where i have my BRIEFCASE kept for a while and some valuable documents that belongs to me with the sum of $47,000.00 and some event tickets which i will be sharing to some couple fans of mine around the world. they are shutting down in couple of days and it has been giving me some problems since i have been busy with my shows and concert i won't have much time to take care of these responsibilities
The reason why i need someone to do this for me is because the company doesn't want any media buzz of their shutdown and as you know anything concerning my name is a big media story. I have been advised by my attorney to find someone out of my circle to give this task to and compensate them for their worries."
     These types of scam artists make fake accounts they can even pretend to be you and scam your friends with a fake you account. No one is immune to scam artists stealing their online persona and saying to their friends, "I am stranded in another country and I need help getting home." or what ever new scam they think up. One pretended to be a friend of mine. They totally faked a new profile of hers and then asked me if I got my "SSI grant money" or something like that. It was a couple of years ago that I saw that one.
     You know these scam artists must be sociopaths because they do not care who they rob, con, or hurt. They figure if the people are dumb enough to fall for it they deserve it. To me it is like they are stealing candy from babies. Is it stupidity that makes a person fall for these scams or is it greed? Maybe a little of both. They think they are getting money and then find themselves robbed. I even get these scam artists on the phone. They sound like they are from the middle east. They say, "You have received a $7000 grant from the Government. I use to cat and mouse these scammers just to see what else they would say but eventually grew bored and just made it so only my contacts could call me on the phone.
     So please do not fall for these scams and make others aware of any scams people try to pull on you.
Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment