Wednesday, July 1, 2015

To the Performer

To the Performer
Do you ever
wonder if
Your smile has
Charmed me?
If the glitter
From your trinkets
Has lured me into
The secret realms
Of your soul?
I am not another
Half shell girl,
Pining,
in the distance,
Searching for
a tomorrow
that never comes.
While posing
as a naked Venus,
Who is
disguised as a pearl
of wisdom.
I need no disguise
as your footsteps
tread the
Realms of my mind.
Haunting,
in the astral plane.
You are a show man.
who knows how to
talk like a salesman.
I have been the
captive audience but
I am not caught.
Make no assumptions.
I  would not wish
to cause grief to your
Special friends.
Otherwise
I would floor you
with a dance,
that would make
your jaw drop.
For I am magic
full of joy
for life.
My smile
is contagious.
There is no drama
to touch you here.
No dooms and glooms,
for attention.
No clinging ivy
jealousy with
a choke hold
On your soul.
I do not
have to have
you right now.
I am complete.
Look!
Deep inside the
Archives of my soul.
I am just a
Story
That has not ended.
My song can be
Intoxicating.
Ode to the
Free souls
In realms eternity.
written by Ruby Nightingale 6/24/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment