Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Absence

I have been very ill this past year. I had 5 surgeries. Two surgeries last fall, two surgeries last winter and hopefully the final surgery in May 2013. I spent my 50th birthday in the hospital. I spent most of June in a nursing home going through physical and occupational therapy. The good thing is I am 100 lbs less than I was 2 years ago.

I have been thinking deeply about family. I am very lucky that my young adult children are doing so well. They graduated High school, they work hard with their jobs, they both will be attending college in the fall. I can't take all of the credit but I am so proud of them. I am also proud of the non relative son who adopted me and nick named me mommykins. He is in the national guard right now studying to be a medic and when he returns he hopes to be a part of our household.

This month I am have to move to another HRA house. This house needs to be remodeled. The new home will be in mint condition. My doctors and nurse are concerned this will have an impact on my incision. So I have been doing my best to find friends and homemakers willing to help me with the packing. Luckily housing is hiring the movers. It is having an impact on my wallet. This month will be so hard on us. I can count my blessings that my son has a job but he needs to save money for school but I have had to borrow from him during this move. Like his sister he wants to attend his first year of college without owing loans.

After I heal from this surgery, I still plan to return to school to finish my bachelor degree. I might change from studying computer science and instead study journalism. I tend to write more than I even do my art these days. I have several children's books written that I plan to illustrate myself but I feel I must improve my art first.


No comments:

Post a Comment